Search This Blog

24 June 2010

Shakespeare got to get paid, son

I'm sure you've all noticed that tell-tale silence that has descended on the fashion-blogosphere in my absence. How the world once survived without my self-important musings, we may never know.

This week's post will be a quick one, as I find myself overrun with the task of making puffy Shakespearean shirts.



(I know I'm ignoring my blog - cardinal sin! - but Shakespeare got to get paid, son!)

The shirts are for Shakespeare by the Sea Festival's summer production of The Compleat Works of Wllm Shkspr [abridged]. This year the Festival opted to use recycled materials for the shirts rather than buying new! God love 'em!

And sustainable costuming choices isn't the only thing SBTS does well. With three actors, 37 classic plays, 90 minutes and approximately 153 laughs, the Compleat Works is one hilarious night, and it don't hurt that the show plays in the seaside Topsail Beach Amphitheare – where else can you take in a glorious sunset and the world's shortest-ever performance of Hamlet at the same time?

If you'd like to catch the Compleat Works, or another one of Shakespeare by the Sea's six summer productions, check out www.sbts.info

And don't worry – all this excitement can't derail our mission to give gorgeous clothes a second lease on life. Notable finds this week include a yellow and blue Tommy Hilfiger silk tie, and a pair of Rampage bootcut dark-wash jeans. Pictures coming soon, but for now if you wanna check out my puffy-shirt handiwork you'll have to check out a show this summer!

See you on the thrift side!

TC

No comments:

Post a Comment